Thame Local History
Late 17th Century Dates (1647 - 1699)

1651 Lobbersdown Field at Thame inclosed by Chancery act. References
1653 Town traders began to issue tokens
1659 Town traders stopped issuing tokens.
1661 Prebendal House reported as standing in ruins.
1662 Hearth Tax returns for Thame.
1664 The 2nd Viscount Wenman of Thame Park died.
1671 Marriage of Mary Wenman of Thame Park and Sir Francis Wenman.
1673 Hugh Willis became Vicar and new perpendicular window added to St Mary's Church.
1682 James Bertie created 1st Earl of Abingdon.
1692 Party of butchers ambushed travelling to Thame market.

            Home   |   Contents   |   This Site   |   Contacts   |   Email
  Local History Research Group
  Thame, Oxfordshire, England