Thame Local History
Mid 19th Century Dates (1851 - 1870)
|1851||Gasworks opened in Wellington Street.|
|1853||A new Wesleyan Chapel opened in the Upper High Street.|
|1854||County Police Station opened in Park Street.|
|1855||Thame Agricultural Society began. Link|
|1856||Thame Gazette first appeared.|
|1857||Parliament authorized railway extension to Thame.|
|1858||Thame Railway Station opened, as a terminus|
County Court opened.
The Star and Garter was first recorded.
The Falcon opened.
Railway extended from Thame to Oxford.
Primitive Methodist Chapel opened in East Street
Thame Baptists rebuilt their chapel.
Local railway taken over by Great Western Railways.
|1869||Primitive Methodists opened a new chapel in Moreton|