Thame Local History
15th Century Dates (1400 - 1499)
|1415||Richard Quartermain inherited Rycote on the death of Nicholas Englefield. More|
|1419||First record of Baldington manor, 'subinfeudation' of Old Thame. More|
|1443||The north aisle of St Mary's church was reconstructed, with contributions from the town's leading merchants.|
|1445||A manorial court reported that the bridge at Scotsgrove was in decay.|
Richard Quartermain founded the Guild of St Christopher with a chantry at Thame.
Richard and Sybil Quartermain founded the Almshouses at Thame for 6 men. More
|1449||Consecration of Rycote Chapel. More|
|1473||Geoffrey Dormer bought Baldington manor and Place House. More|
Robin Hood games began at Thame.
|1477||Death of Richard Quartermain. More|
|1481||Geoffrey Dormer was presented for enclosing common pasture at Moreton.|
Plagues at Magdalen College and School caused migrations to Thame.
11 acres of land were enclosed for pasture at Cotmore Wells and
a dwelling destroyed.
|1498||Baldington manor passed on by Geoffrey Dormer to his son. More|